9.28.2009

Molly- A Grown Up Version


Here is my Molly hat all completed. I'm very glad I chose to make the solid color version for myself.
I am in love with this yarn Artesano Alpaca 4-ply, and this color Fern is gorgeous. I love the heathery flecks of blue and yellow tones.. but then again I have not yet met a shade of green that I didn't like.

Click here for the pattern. Click here for the yarn.


The patterned brim doesn't stand out nearly as much as it does on the striped version, but I think it's pretty just the same.
Just a nice subtle detail to add interest.


I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of use out of it this Fall.

15 comments:

Kate said...

I sure hope you are willing to wear it out in public! You look fantastic. Hat is beautiful and I too love the green!

Kitten said...

Gorgeous work and in a great color! I can't believe you've said in the past that you're not a hat person. It looks terrific on you.

Kathy in San Jose said...

Beautiful! The green really brings out the green in your eyes.

The Studes said...

That green is really pretty against your hair!!! You are too cute, and I love this hat. =)

Drop Stitches Not Bombs said...

What a cute hat - and that green could have been made to go with your eyes.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Beautiful hat and that color is fantastic!

Puttermeister said...

Wow--those pictures really pop! And the hat is just beautiful; I completely agree that the green really brings out your eyes.

Unknown said...

It's lovely! And you are so a hat person!

Melissa said...

Looks good on you. Matches your eyes.

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Love it. Bought it. Without even thinking...just clicked and paid...just HAD to have it! Lovely pattern, lovely on both your and your daughter!

Deb said...

I love that hat! It looks wonderful on you and that green color is gorgeous.

Angie said...

I love the Molly hat! So pretty! That green really looks nice on you.

Rene Sharp said...

Absolutely stunning. You look so beautiful in the top photo. This hat is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! How absolutely delightful!

Kristin said...

Added to my queue!!!